demonstration of our Live Tracking technology:
Skipr Live Tracking Survey
It's about making tv productive
The average tv viewer watches 75+ minutes of commercials daily. Skipr can reduce that to zero.
Skipr works with your existing HD television and cable/satellite box and supports up to 4K resolution so your investment is future-proofed.
Easy to Customize
During commercial breaks, Skipr fills the void with content that is favorable to you. When the commercials are over, Skipr automatically returns you to your program without missing a beat.
The Skipr commercial detection engine processes television channels in real-time. Your channel guide indicates which channels are at commercial before you even tune them in.
Personal Channel Guides
Each member of the family can have their own custom-tailored channel guide based on their interests, and parents can control what channels and programs their children can view.
Lots of Options
During commercials, Skipr can help you catch up on your social networks, listen to music, check your email, stocks, and weather, or simply mute the tv or display a soothing screensaver.
Follow live Twitter streams for your favorite tv shows and tweet right from your tv. Skipr automatically applies the correct hashtags for the current show.
Skipr can show you videos that are related to your current tv channel and program, and are formatted to fit within the commercial break.
Watching "The Big Game" but want to keep an eye on other league action? Skipr will jump you to other game channels during commercial breaks and bring you back when the break is over.
Loads of Games and Apps
Skipr leverages the Google Play app store so you have access to hundreds of games and applications to fill those commercial breaks!
entertainment options for you and your family
Take Control of your TV Experience
How many hours of television does your family watch each day? According to Nielsen Ratings, the average U.S. family watches over 5 hours of tv daily, that's over 75 minutes of commercials!
Skipr empowers you to be more productive and enjoy the downtime during commercial breaks. It's like a breath of fresh air during a barrage of advertising.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Will Skipr work with my existing tv setup?
- A: The Skipr box connects between your existing dvr or cable/satellite box and your television using an HDMI cable. Route HDMI output from your existing box into Skipr, and then out to your television using a second HDMI cable.
- Q: How does Skipr work with HDCP-protected video content?
- A: Skipr leverages the AndroidTV platform from Google and completely adheres to HDCP protection between devices. Skipr does not remove or interfere with HDCP protection.
- Q: Are there copyright issues involved with skipping commercials?
- A: Skipr isn't a DVR and doesn't record, stream, or re-broadcast television network content. You still receive this content from your cable or satellite provider.
- Q: What channels will be supported at launch?
- A: Skipr will support the top cable channels with added support for local and national broadcast channels soon after.
- Q: Can I suggest my favorite cable channels?
- A: Sure! Sign up for our beta mailing list by clicking the Get Early Access button above. Our beta members can vote for the cable channels that we'll support.
- Q: Will Skipr work for DVR'd shows, too?
- A: Yes! Skipr can automatically jump over commercial breaks in recorded content. Simply synchronize your recorded show with Skipr at the first commercial break and leave the rest to us.
- Q: Why don't you support every tv channel?
- A: Accurate and timely identification of tv commercials is a very hard thing to do, and it's very resource-intensive. Our solution runs in the Cloud where horsepower is plentiful, but it's an expensive task to perform. As the Skipr network grows, we'll add more and more channels to our lineup.
- Q: What are the specs of the Skipr box?
- A: Here are preliminary specs, subject to change without notice: 4K2K UltraHD resolution, Quad-Core 2GHz processor, ARM 8-Core GPU, 1G DDR3 RAM, Android 4.4 OS
- Q: I hate commercials, how can I help?
- A: Help us spread the word by telling your friends and family about Skipr and asking them to join us. Follow us on Twitter @tvSkipr and Facebook. We appreciate all of the support!